Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:56:52 +0200
From:      Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X.org performance?

Hello,

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:40:30 +0530
Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com> wrote:

> cat /etc/make.conf

------------------------
PERL_VER=5.8.2
PERL_VERSION=5.8.2
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

CPUTYPE=athlon-mp

CFLAGS+= -O2 -pipe
X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg
------------------------

But like I said, I think I chose the wrong words -
X.org does not perform poorly, it's just that it sometimes will
use lots of CPU, and I am under the impression it does even more so than
XFree did.
Or is it just my perception kidding me?

Kind regards,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.