Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 02:09:39 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: World breakage from exit->sys_exit change?

Argh!  I knew today was going to stay a bad day.

I am pretty sure I know how to fix this and will commit a fix shortly.  If you
want to try now, edit sys/kern/syscalls.master:
< 1     STD     NOHIDE  { void sys_exit(int rval); } sys_exit sys_exit_args void
---
> 1     STD     NOHIDE  { void sys_exit(int rval); } exit sys_exit_args void

and cd src/sys/kern; make init_sysent.c

Then your world should build ok.

Mike Meyer wrote:
> Ok, I give up. It seems that the world change from exit to sys_exit
> broke the world build, but I can't figure out where. I've fixed every
> occurence of SYS_exit in the source tree (this one seems to be
> src/lib/csu/i386/crt0.c, but there were some in gdb as well), and
> removed /usr/obj - and I still get the following error from
> buildworld:
>
> ===> bin/cat
> cc -O -pipe -march=pentium -Wall -Wformat   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/inclu
    de -c /usr/src/bin/cat/cat.c
> gzip -cn /usr/src/bin/cat/cat.1 > cat.1.gz
> cc -O -pipe -march=pentium -Wall -Wformat   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/inclu
    de  -static -o cat cat.o
> /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libc.a(_exit.o): In function `_exit':
> _exit.o(.text+0x2): undefined reference to `SYS_exit'
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error
>
> Is this one of those things that is going to require gyrations to get
> built?
>
> 	Thanx,
> 	<mike

Cheers,