Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:41:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tsu-Fan Cheng <tscheng@ic.sunysb.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld help!

> hi there,
> 	my box is freebsd 4.5, days ago i played with cvsup, got some
> current sources, failed to buildworld, and i mistakenlt exec make
> installworld, now i have no TOP, PS, etc. can't recompile kernel,
> i removed all files under /usr/src and /usr/obj, cvsup stable source
> again, buildworld still went wrong, i am in deep shit, somebody help me,
> please!

	sorry, forgot my error message.
>>> stage 4: populating /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include
....omit...
cd /usr/src/include;			make -B all install

creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh

setvar PARAMFILE
/usr/src/include/../sys/sys/param.h;
. /usr/src/include/../sys/conf/newvers.sh;			 echo
"$COPYRIGHT" > osreldate.h;
echo "#ifdef _KERNEL" >>
osreldate.h;
echo '#error "osreldate.h must not be used in the kernel,
use sys/param.h"' >> osreldate.h;
echo "#else" >> osreldate.h;
echo \#'undef __FreeBSD_version' >> osreldate.h;	 echo \#'define
__FreeBSD_version' $RELDATE >> osreldate.h;  echo "#endif" >> osreldate.h

*** Signal 12

Stop in /usr/src/include.

*** Error code 1

i break the line to make it easier to read, thanks!