Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 21:26:29 +0000
From:      "Aaron Dailey" <aarond@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS/Valuepoint and keyboard hang on install

> Date:          Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:42:42 -0600
> From:          Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
> To:            Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
> Cc:            aarond@btc.btc.adaptec.com, questions@freebsd.org
> Subject:       Re: PS/Valuepoint and keyboard hang on install

> > > I don't see a psm0 driver.  Once I get to visual, under input devices
> > > I have bus mouse (mse0) and syscons (sc0?).  This is on the 2.1
> > > release boot disk.  Am I missing something?
> >
> > Argh.  You may need to get a boot disk from Nate Williams; is this
> > a PS/2 style keyboard interface?  Do you know if the keyboard starts
> > in mode 3?
>
> If it does, you can try the ThinkPad boot floppy out, but that doesn't
> fix 'lockups'.  When you are in the wrong mode, it's pretty obvious as
> every key you touch doesn't do what you want it to do.  (But it *does*
> do something).

My experience is that every key does nothing past a certain point.
I tried bouncing the num lock key during boot up - right after the
uncompressing kernel message the num lock light stops toggling, and
other keys don't work.

Where can I get the thinkpad boot floppy, or would it even help?

> You could try 'bouncing on the num-lock' key during bootup to see if
> that helps.  If it does then we've still got the lurking bug, but
> generally speaking it goes away after you build a custom kernel.
>

> Nate

Thanks,

Aaron Dailey
aarond@btc.adaptec.com