Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:05:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
To:        Ted Spradley <tsprad@set.spradley.tmi.net>
Cc:        "David C. Jenner" <djenner@halcyon.com>, Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>, chris@tci.com, mmercer@ipass.net, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, me@T-F-I.freeserve.co.uk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confusion

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Ted Spradley wrote:

> Will you people please quit whining about the names and tell us what your
> real complaints are?  What exactly is it about 3.0 release that doesn't
> work as well as it should?

It was never mater of somthing not working. It was a question as to the
stability of something called RELEASE, and if it could be trusted on a
critical system. People when asked in other groups had simply said to
upgrade to 3.1 asap. And to stear clear of 3.0. I brought the question to
this list to get a straight answer on it. Seems this list takes a
completely different slant on it. I must say, Yes, .0 on just about
anything is not all that trustable. BUT, even my grandmother would
understand something that was called   BETA to be just that. Or ALPHA to
be just that. Come to find out RELEASE is NOT just that..  And that is
where the confusion and in some peoples eyes, the deception is.
Now, can this move silently to the proper list so as not to agrivate the
readers of this list with things not related to it.