Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:04:53 +0300
From:      Vladimir Dubrovin <vlad@sandy.ru>
To:        Tim Yardley <yardley@uiuc.edu>
Cc:        news@technotronic.com, bugtraq@securityfocus.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: explanation and code for stream.c issues

Hello Tim Yardley,

21.01.00 20:25, you wrote: explanation and code for stream.c issues;

T> -- start rule set --
T> block in quick proto tcp from any to any head 100
T> pass in quick proto tcp from any to any flags S keep state group 100
T> pass in all
T> -- end rule set --

Attack  can  be  easily  changed  to send pair SYN and invalid SYN/ACK
packets  before  spoofing some port. I guess in this case your ruleset
will be useless. But i belive it's possible to limit the number of TCP
packets send to some host with ipfw:

ipfw pipe 10 config delay 50 queue 5 packets
ipfw add pipe 10 tcp from any to $MYHOST in via $EXTERNAL

I  have  not  tested  this rule but i guess with appropriate delay and
queue it will stop any TCP spoofing.