Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:25:26 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   locking and queues etc.

me again..

I'm lookingat what netgraph should do when it encounters a lock on a node it
wants to
send data through.  The simple answer is to  queue the data on the node for
processing by whatever presently holds the lock, when they finally finish.

I've been looking around however and I haven't noticed any special functions for
atomic queue operations. Are these planned? I don;t want to invent my own
if others already are working on it.
A simple linked list (fifo) is enough for my needs
so it should be relatively simple to implement an atomic add/remove.

If I've missed it, pointers to the right file would be greatly apreciated..

Julian

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org