Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 95 11:33:42 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: [DEVFS] your opinions sought!

I like the scheme but I have a few questions:

What does a /dev/disk/<whatever> relate to for removable
media?  The drive or disk?  If I have two ZIP drives (which
have removable disks) and swap the disks will I end up
writing to the wrong disk?

What happens if a non-removable disk appears at a different
SCSI address?

What would one configure the kernel?  Swap on /dev/sd0b
or swap on /dev/<some-disk-id>?  The former refers to
a specific disk partition on a drive attached to a
specific scsi address, the latter says I don't care where
that disk is but if you find it, use it for swapping.

Similar question for disk mirroring in software.