Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:10:23 -0400
From:      Carl Schmidt <carl@slackerbsd.org>
To:        walt <wsheets@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A different light, perhaps.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 08:28:06PM -0700, walt wrote:
> Carl Schmidt wrote:
> > After running cvsup at about 5PM
> > EDT (September 23, 2002 -- using cvsup3) and running a full build I am
> > happy to report that everything worked fine...
>
> In an attempt to understand this black magic we practice every day
> could I ask you to do two quick experiments for me?

Heh...

> 1. Type 'sort +1' at any command prompt.  What do you see?
>
> 2. cd /usr/src/lib/libncurses
>     make clean && make
>     What do you see?
>    [Warning: this may break your world on the next go-round.]

Okay I ran into the same problems everyone else ran into and I have
a solution.

Get rid of gnu-sort from contrib and use NetBSD's sort, which was
imported five months ago but apparently never incorporated into the
build process.

Gnu-sort does not appear to understand +# arguments whereas NetBSD's
sort does.

This solved the problem for me.
--
Carl Schmidt