Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:25:59 +1100
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Subject:   Re: ports/10365: Apache 1.3.4 plus options fails to install

On Thu, 04 Mar 1999 at 02:57:59 +0100, Roelof Osinga wrote:
> Jim Mock wrote:
> >
> > Try 'make clean'.  It should do what you're looking for.
>
> It was, thanks.

No problem.

> > Edit /etc/make.conf and set USA_RESIDENT to NO.  Also, be sure to
> > uncomment it =)

[snip..]

> > Hope this helps,
>
> It did! Installed without a problem. Tx!

Good.  It'll also keep make from giving you that message if you try to
compile some other apps (such as pgp, etc.).

> Wonder why I missed this. Checked the FAQ once more, but though it
> does talk about using "2.23 I live outside the US, can I use DES
> encryption?" it doesn't mention this. Skimmed the Ports section in
> the manual, doesn't mention this bit either. Does it get mentioned?

I don't know if it's mentioned in the Handbook or FAQ or not.. perhaps
someone else does.

--
: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| http://www.triax.com/		: