Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 20:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        'Kris Kennaway' <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsupd

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Jason Andresen wrote:

> Can't you run something like (note, I write in zsh, convert to whatever
> language you like):

Far be it from me to discourage your creativity, but you could condense
your script down to:

find /usr/ports -name README.html -delete
find /usr/ports -type d -empty -delete

You might want to run cvsup in between, to let it delete any directories
it knows about first, but that's not essential.

I do a lot of command line shell scripting myself, so it's definitely a
valuable tool, but sometimes it helps to know that there are other
pre-packaged solutions available.

HTH,

Doug