Date:      Mon, 6 May 1996 09:52:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
Cc:        Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>, davidg@Root.COM, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MBUFs leaking?

On Tue, 7 May 1996, michael butler wrote:
> I always thought that whilst there is a definable upper bound on how many
> clusters might be created, the memory actually used for data was dynamically
> allocated (and freed),

Indeed.  This seems to be the case.  I'm not sure why I was getting
'unable to allocate' errors on the console, but I'm not getting them
anymore and as a test, I added about um... 1500 IP aliases just
to see what would happen (nothing really).  The mbuf clusters increased
and I got no errors, so all is working correctly.  I was a little
worried when I saw the % used approaching 100 and jumped to conclusions
about low mbufs and the allocation errors I got.

LART me, and have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|