Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Add New Disk

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Patrick Gardella wrote:

> When I go the /stand/sysinstall route,  I get the following errors from
> DiskLabel when I write the changes:
>
> Unable to add /dev/wd2s1b as a swap device:  Invalid Argument
> Error mounting /dev/wd2s1e on /u2: Invalid Argument

I ran into the same trouble trying to add a new SCSI drive to my system.
I found that I had to go to the partition editor first, and define the
partition there.  Then, DON'T write the changes to disk yet; just hit Q to
finish.  Then go to the label editor and define where you want your
partition mounted, etc.  While you're in the label editor, *then* use W to
write out the changes, and when you exit the label editor, it should mount
and, if necessary, format, your partition.

I'm telling you this mostly from memory, though, so there could be
something I left out.  Feel free to mail me if what I suggested doesn't
work (or if it does work, for that matter).