Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:18:47 -0400
From:      "David Wassman" <dmwassman@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Presario 1610 known problems with X?

I don't know if this is the correct list. Here is my question:

I am trying to install FreeBSD (version 5.2.1 but I am going to try and
install 4.8 later tonight). I am having problems installing either kde or
Gnome because files for X are not be installed. I am trying this on a Compaq
1610 (P1MMX, 1.5G HD, 80M RAM). I known its an old system but I want to get
it up as a web browser/wordprocessor. Any idea why this is not working would
be helpful.