Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 22:42:13 +0200
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with sshd2

When sshd2 starts I get the following messages and the machine does not
return to the prompt until I press Ctrl-C, when sshd2 stops, of course.  I
have tried starting the program with /usr/sbin/sshd2 -v & to put it in the
background, and this appears to work until it has answered the first call,
after which it closes.  I am starting it from rc.local with the command line
above, with or without the final &.  I am wondering whether it would be
better to start it from inetd.conf, and in such a case what the command line
would look like.  Presumably the command field would be
/usr/local/sbin/sshd2 -iv.

I don't specify the config file, since it has the default name and location,
/etc/ssh2/sshd2_config.

Any help gratefully received.

Here's the message chain on startup, (each line is often duplicated):

WARNING: Development-time debugging not compiled in.
WARNING: To enable, configure with --enable-debug and recompile.
WARNING: Development-time debugging not compiled in.
WARNING: To enable, configure with --enable-debug and recompile.
debug: Reading private host key from /etc/ssh2/hostkey
debug: Key comment: 1024-bit dsa hostkey
debug: SshUnixConfig/sshunixconfig.c:270/ssh_server_load_host_key: Reading
public host key from: /etc/ssh2/hostkey.pub
debug: Becoming server.
debug: Creating listener
debug: Listener created
sshd2[237]: Listener created on port 22.
sshd2[237]: Daemon is running.
debug: Running event loop

Received signal 2. (no core)

mvh/regards