Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:09:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      <doug@safeport.com>
To:        CECO <CECO108@excite.com>
Cc:        DC-FBSD <fug-washdc@Sytex.Net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fug-washdc New user need help with Dell Laptop

I have a dell LM-166 (old) with a CL-PD6729/30 BIOS. This needs the
PCCARD MFC'd Nov 11th. I also have an Inspiron 7500. This has worked
fine since 4.0.

NICs: 3Com 3CXE589ET
      LinkSys 10/100 NP100

I have never used an ISO. I would think it would be just as easy to make
the 4.4 boot floppies and see if you could mount and browse it. I will
try to answer Dell questions but I think you would get better
information from:

    mobile@freebsd.org
    freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

If the image is prior to 11/11/01 you would be much better off getting
the newer PCCARD.

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, CECO wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am new to FreeBSD (and Unix)
>
> I am trying to get FreeBSD installed on my Dell
> Latitude CP 200.
>
> Has anyone done this??
>
> I downloaded the image.ISO for release 4.4.  Is there
> a way in DOS to check that I have a valid copy?
>
> I was also hoping to use a PCMCIA NIC 3com 3ccfem656b...
>
> Cecil

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com