Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:17:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Sumbry][" <sumbry@ahnet.net>
To:        Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage questions

> Doesn't it really depend on how many customers, real or pontential,
> want this.  If it's only a few then is it worth allocating your
> resources to cover them, or point the customer to someone else.
>
> Not every customer is worth having.   However once you commit to
> them you have to treat them as above, otherwise they go elsewhere
> and tell people how bad you are.

Well, unfortunately, if you are web hosting company, then a
*large* percentage of your customers are going to want Microsoft Frontpage
Extensions support.  There's no way that you can web host in this day, and
not have FP extensions support.

This isn't going to get any better either.  W/the impending release of
Office 2000, suddenly you going to convert every Microsoft Office user who
isn't already using Frontpage into a Frontpage user (Frontpage 2000 will be
bundled w/Office 2000).  And w/practically anyone who has a computer using
Office, well... Frontpage isn't going to go away.

-----
Sumbry][ | Affinity Hosting | http://affinity.net | sumbry@affinity.net
"Run, run, fast as ya can, ya can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man."