Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:50:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Porting FreeBSD to the Mac (68K or PPC)

On 05-Oct-99 Kris Kirby wrote:
> It wasn't that long ago that I began to think about the fact that Apple
> had contacted the FreeBSD folks (-core, I think) about including some
> parts into Mac OS X. For some reason, I thought about the possiblity of
> porting FreeBSD to the "Mac" platform and was suddenly enlightened.
> However, if Mac OS X doesn't run on 68K machines, I see no reason why we
> can't ask for a little help in porting...

The 68K machines are, as far as I'm concerned, obsolete. The last one I used
regularly (once or more a day) was the Mac LC 575, and that was in 1995. I do
not care anymore for such worthless hardware. If you have a junky one around,
it's probably good enough that NetBSD would be able to run on it (I think).

The PowerPC platform.. that's another story. Hopefully someday FreeBSD will be
ported to that platform. :-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>