Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 23:04:38 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, FREEBSD-PORTS-L <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: The GIMP beta on 2.1.0-RELEASE

>     I'd like to hear from 2.0.5 and earlier users if they have
> problems with this binary (compiled under 2.1.0, linked against Motif
> 2.0).

Does not work on my system - 2.0.5R  12MB ram 30MB swap.

It starts up with :-

ld.so: warning: libc.so.2.1: minor version < 2 expected, using it anyway

Then the  menu pops up (looks good), all the buttons and menus work great,
and look good. I can pop up the exellent palette, but if I choose "open"
or "new" - BLAM - it dumps core and dies with this message :-

Xlib:  extension "MIT-SHM" missing on display ":0.0".
Bad system call (core dumped)

Ah well - was looking good for a bit !

Any ideas ? - If you want I can send you the core.

Note - I dont have Motif - just whatever Ver of XFree86 that came with
2.0.5 and olvwm.