Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 07:53:18 +0100
From:      Thomas Seidmann <tseidmann@simultan.ch>
To:        Sebastian Lederer <lederer@bonn-online.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

Sebastian Lederer wrote:
> FWIW, the last time I tried INRIA IPv6 (about four months ago), it broke
> some userland IPv4 stuff. I had some NIS problems/crashes, also NFS export
> control lists and /etc/lpd.hosts didn't work anymore. KAME IPv6 does not
> have these problems (but INRIA's kernel code might be more stable).

I encuntered problems with NFS exports from a INRIA IPv6 enable machine
during the time of the relaease for 2.2.5-RELEASE (about 6 moths ago).
No problems with NIS nor hosts.lpd, however (YMMV). The above mentioned
problems are gone in the present release according to my experiences.

Regards,
Thomas