Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 09:04:38 -0500
From:      EinreinM@hurlburt.af.mil
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuring a modem

How do I get my PnP modem to work in FreeBSD so that I may then use PPP in
the KDE environment? I tried using minicom but got errors saying using
default configuration file, unable to find device.

I purchased an inexpensive emachine and installed FreeBSD 3.1 on it,
overwriting everything on the hard drive. I accepted the defaults during
install and added, I think, all of the ports from the first CD in the 4 CD
set.

Base system: Intel 366 celeron, 96MB, 4.3GB HD, V.90 PnP modem, ATI 3D Rage
IIC.

Thanks
-Mark