Date:      Wed, 26 May 2010 06:10:51 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless cards

On Tue, 25 May 2010 21:37:12 -0400
J. Altman <freebsd-announce@chthonic.com> articulated:

> So: what are people using these days? The WG311T is old. I've had no
> luck looking for a modern card using an Atheros chip. I don't care who
> makes it; whether it's Atheros or not; nor if it is PCI or PCI-X. I
> just want it to work.

You can view a listing of known supported cards here:

	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/hardware.html#WLAN

However; if you are looking for a modern, supported 'N' wireless card,
you are pretty much out of luck. There is a dearth of drivers for any
of the newer chips with no discernible relief in sight.

--
Jerry
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net

XML is a giant step in no direction at all.

	Erik Naggum