Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 15:48:40 -0400
From:      "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
Cc:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>, "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xircom modem in mini-pci combo card for thinkpad A21p ?

> On my Thinkpad -- which admittedly is a somewhat ancient 380D, so things
> may have changed -- sio1 is the IR port.  You'd probably need to configure
> that through the BIOS as well, if you plan to use it.  Although we don't
> have any IrDA support in FreeBSD (yet -- I believe people are working on
> it) so you won't have much joy if you do try :(

If I had anything to talk too . . . hmm, there's a boom box next to me
:)

> I tend to use 'cu' for this kind of thing.  I think it's the -l option that
> lets you name a port device directly.

I'll take a peek.

> Getting back to your original question, I still think you've probably got
> yourself a WinModem.

I've always assmumed that, but the sio1 made me wonder.

> What's the model number on the card?

I think it's 06P3801, but that could be an ibm num ber.  There's only
one combo adaptr listed for this model on their webpage.  Reading the
fine print, they do say Lucent technology.

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail