Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 16:50:48 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Subject:   Re: patch in -current is *seriously* broken WRT CVS patches

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> I do recall reading some discussion about this a couple days back, but
> I thought a quick heads-up would be in order.
>
> Patch in -current now does not understand the output of "cvs diff",
> which makes distributing CVS-generated diffs fairly pointless.
>
> The -C option has gone too, leaving --dry-run in its place.

It was not good idea fixing patch at first instead of fixing RCS.
The patch stays as is to be compatible with others.

If you send me few examples of what happens, and what you expect,
I'll try to fix rcsdiff to produce correct +++/*** lines using
-L option for diff. Rcsdiff already use -L, but maybe not with
correct parameters.
Forget about Index:, it is abused by RCS in the way _never_ expected by
patch.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nietzsche.net>