Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:20:41 -0500
From:      Kutulu <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email Etiquette on this list

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:09:53AM +0100, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:49:17PM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Ack. Please teach your mail reader to wrap lines at a reasonable
> > length. Under 100 would be nice. Under 80 would be even nicer.
> >
> And < 72 would be perfect :) Some people have poor eyesight and
> need to use a larger type font.

While we're on this topic...

I'm using mutt, with pico as my visual editor.  It wraps lines for me visually when I enter a mail, but at the 132 column
limit I have set on screen.  I get the impression from reading my own mails back that mutt is wrapping the lines somewhat
oddly.  They don't usually come out as one long line, but it appears to wrap twice (I get alternating long/short lines).
Anyone know what I can do to avoid this problem?  My solution has been to run a Outlook Express to compose mail, but that's
pretty icky.

--K