Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 16:07:21 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        amir@neuron.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disabling the console screen saver

    Amir> The console screen saver and my monitor don;t appear to be
    Amir> getting along so for the moment I'd liek to disable it.  How
    Amir> might I do that?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit your /etc/sysconfig file.  Look for these lines:

   # Set to screen saver desired: blank, green, snake, star (or NO for none)
   saver=green

Replace the `green' with `blank', `snake', `star', or `NO'.  For example:

   saver=NO

Also see "man vidcontrol".

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Picard walks up to the replicator and says, "Coke on ice."
-- One of 46 things that never happen on Star Trek