Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:19:55 +0000
From:      David Larkin <David.Larkin@DJL.co.uk>
To:        mharo@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: analog-5.1,1

Hi,
I'm struggling to download analog-5.1

It is a while since I installed ports / packages , but from what I
remember there were 2 ways

cd /usr/ports/category/application
make

or find a package package.tgz

pkg_add package.tgz

I'm running

FreeBSD eagle 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Apr 21 10:54:49
GMT 2001     jkh@narf.osd.bsdi.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

when I try the cd /usr/ports method it can't find anything on ftp, I
guess the version
has changed since I installed FreeBSD.

when I look on freebsd.org ports I find a 'Download'  which appears to
contain
the package, but I find no .tgz anywhere.

Do I need to ftp the whole directory ?

Should I forget about ports and just download the source and compile ?

Sorry, if I sound a little confused.

Thanks in advance
Dave