Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:13:32 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn - but smaller?

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On 2013-Jan-23 15:40:50 +0100, Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET> wrote:
>in ancient times there was cvsup. cvsup was a PITA if you wanted (or=20
>needed) to install it via ports, the only reasonable way was to use=20
>pkg_add for that if you didn't want to pollute your system with=20
>otherwise unneeded software.

There was also ctm(1).  ctm is small, BSD-licensed and has been part
of FreeBSD forever (almost).  Thanks to stephen@, ctm deltas for
various src trees, as well as the entire SVN repo are still available.
c[v]sup can do things than aren't possible with ctm but I would expect
that most people who currently use c[v]sup could readily migrate to
using ctm.

See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ctm.html for details.

Note that mirroring the actual SVN repo via ctm requires some patches.
There is a README and patches in ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/svn-=
cur/

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v