Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 00:54:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        keichii@peorth.iteration.net
Cc:        bp@butya.kz (Boris Popov), tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd from windows nt without using boot disks

> Hence, if I were to take Terry's consulting contracts at half price
> and contract them out in various other countries.  I could be
> making 50%-75% profit and maybe produce a possibly better product
> in a much shorter timeframe.

Realize that the charge I stated is about 1.5 times the going
rate for a consultant hired through a consulting contracting
company in the Silicon Valley.  These companies normally
operate at a 40%-60% profit (they have their employees over a
barrel, since most have obtained their work visa through the
consulting company, so they can't go work elsewhere).  So
consider that 60% is common: $170,000 * .4 = $68,000 going to
the contractor themselves.  That's $136,000/year, asumming it
took 6 months for the work, or $91,000, without the 1.5 *
premium.

If you think that is a lot of money, and have a visa or a
green card, and are willing to work without stock options,
and are of any quality at all, I suggest:

	http://www.whistle.com/employment/employ-engg.html

Or you can go to any one of thousands of other companies, on
similar terms.

NB: And if you wouldn't charge a 1.5 times premium to have
to figure out Windows compatability code from disk image
deltas, you're clinically insane).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---