Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 13:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Soft-updates.. new version.

Events over the last few days have cleared up a few of the crashes
that were being seen with soft-updates..

If you were testing soft-updates, then there are new versions of the
two files needed at:

http://www.freebsd.org/~julian

This code does some 'non-optimal' things in some cases for
debugging reasons but is very robust.
One thing I'd LOVE to see is the effect of soft-updates on
a news expire. What would be REALLY interesting would be to see the effect
on expire if the files were deleted in 'sorted' order.

I hope to hear from anyone who tries it (soft-updates) out..

julian