Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:12:50 +0200
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipsec-tools in ports

Hi all.

The actual port of racoon (security/racoon) is to be considered
asobsolete, since ipsec-tools is now the official racoon's version,
and the only one which is maintained (as it is specified in the last
commit of racoon's port and explained in
ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/mail-list/snap-users/9012).

I am the ipsec-tools core developper who ensures FreeBSD support for
ipsec-tools, and I made a first version of an ipsec-tools port, which
is available at http://vanhu.free.fr/ipsec-tools-port.tgz and which is
based on the latest release of ipsec-tools, V 0.6.

This port is based on security/racoon port, and some various things
may be ehanced (see the comments at the beginning of the Makefile).

I'll be happy to be the maintainer of this port or to help the
maintainer of this port when needed.

Regards,

Yvan.

--