Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 05:44:09 -0500
From:      Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   General question regarding "make && make install"

Hello there,

I wish to try Sylpheed (or Sylpheed-Claws)

Among others, these packages require gettext-0.10.35
I have gettext-0.10.35_1

I have all the other packages.

Here's my question: When I "make && make install" will it download the older
package (gettext-0.10.35) or will it just use the new (gettext-0.10.35_1)?
Can or should I modify something to make it use the newer package? Or, if it
uses the older package will it break anyting, or will only Sylpheed use it?
Or is this the sort of situation that the "portupgrade" package is for?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before or if it's in the book, but I
didn't really understand all the stuff I read about make.

Cheers, Steve