Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:03:12 -0600
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   named/rsh/sendmail?

Just rebuilt world (last make world was ~10 days ago), and now
I had to add 2 entries to /etc/hosts (even tho the ptrs are in
DNS correctly).

I needed to add my own hostname (lerbsd.lerctr.org) to /etc/hosts
otherwise sendmail takes a DNS timeout to put up a banner.

I needed to add a /etc/hosts entry for lerami.lerctr.org to /etc/hosts
to allow it to rsh to lerbsd.

Is this intentional?

I *AM* running bind 9.1.1rc3 on lerbsd, but it shouldn't matter,
should it?

What's changed?

LER