Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:07:38 -0800
From:      "Cybertime Hostmaster" <hostmaster@cybertime.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What to Make

> > Now, when I do a binary install, I have the option of putting in base,
> > compatibity (1x to 4x), crypto, dict, doc, games, info, man, catman,
> > profiles, src, ports, local, perl, and xfree.
> >
> > When I look at the source tree they are base, contrib, gnu, etc,
games,
> > include, lib, libexec, release, bin, sbin, scrypto, share, skerb5,
> > ssecure, sys, tools, ubin, and usbin.

> /usr/src/share/examples/etc/make.conf
> make.conf(5)
>

> /usr/src/Makefile
> /usr/src/Makefile.inc1

I already have.

The entries there have no clear relation to the ones done in a binary
install.

They certainly make all the parts of a binary install, but where is the
documentation that lists what parts of the "base, contrib, gnu, etc,
games, include, lib, libexec, release, bin, sbin, scrypto, share, skerb5,
ssecure, sys, tools, ubin, and usbin" source files build into what parts
of the "base, compatibity (1x to 4x), crypto, dict, doc, games, info, man,
catman, profiles, src, ports, local, perl, and xfree" binaries?

--Eric