Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:30:39 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig stopped loading driver

--==_Exmh_1174577439_75625P

For a long time under V6 and current (and probably V5), if I issued an
ifconfig for my Atheros card, the driver (along with the HAL and rate
modules) would auto-load and my card would be found.

Starting with my March 19 build, this no longer happens. I need to boot
single-user and manually load the module if I will need it. I don't want
the card to start by default since I don't want the radio on when I am
flying.

Was this a deliberate change or did something break? It is a real pain.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

--==_Exmh_1174577439_75625P