Date:      Sun, 4 May 2003 00:23:18 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DSL Stability

I managed to get DSL working with FreeBSD somewhat, but I am having some
weird connectivity issues.
At random times, I will lose network connectivity.  The Westell modem
says there is full connection
via ethernet and phone, but I am unable to ping their gateway and
dhclient is unable to obtain a new
lease.

The strange part is that if I plug my WinXP box into the modem directly,
I obtain an ip and can surf.
If I then plug the BSD box back into the modem, I can once again obtain
leases and talk to the 'net,
but about half the time I need to restart natd for the inside network to
be able to do anything.

System/ISP info:

4.7-RELEASE-p5
rc.conf
ifconfig_sis0=3D"DHCP"
default_gateway=3D"4.xx.xxx.1"
natd_program=3D"/sbin/natd"
natd_enable=3D"YES"
natd_interface=3D"sis0"
natd_flags=3D"-f /etc/natd.conf"

VerizonDSL in north Seattle

So, any ideas on how to stabilize my connection?

-Derrick