Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:51:59 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Summer" <dennisip@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp setting.

[.....]
> I am a new user on FreeBSD and I have some problems on ppp setting..
> after i type 'ppp speed ' then dial..
> it sometimes display "warning:dial modem.dial failed"
> sometimes is "Dial ok!
>                       Login ok!
>                      Packet Mode"
> then disconnect..
>
> the DNS of my isp is 202.69.250.1, 202.69.250.2 ..i need to set the DNS?
>
> If i want to online under X window....how can i do ?
>
> here is the content of my ppp.conf and ppp.linkup
>
> ppp.conf:
> default:
>  set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier LCP IPCP CCP tun command
>  set device /dev/cuaa1
>  set speed 115200
>  deny lqr
>  set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK
> speed:
>  set phone 82080517
>  set login "TIMEOUT 5 name:--ername: XXX word: XXX"
>  set timeout 120
>  set ifaddr 0 0
>  delete ALL
>  add 0 0 HISADDR
>
> ppp.linkup
> speed:
>  delete 0
>  add 0 0 HISADDR
>  !bg /usr/X11R6/bin/auplay /etc/ppp/linkup.au

You have no ATDT command in your dial script....  Also, have a look
at http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/userppp.html and try providing some
more details logs if you need to post another question.
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>