Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:33:59 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, chat@FreeBSD.org, phk@FreeBSD.org, tlambert2@mindspring.com
Subject:   Re: [OT] RMS Suing was [SUGGESTION] - JFS for FreeBSD [VOTE]

On Thursday, 13 December 2001 at  8:44:44 -0800, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> hi,
> (from the person who started the JFS for FreeBSD)
>
> please, lets not get into this,  what do you propose
> we should do (the porters), one way or the other, we
> are going to use GPL code..
>
> which one shall it be?
> JFS or XFS

I've said it before: JFS.

> If you think that none, than please put a -1 in the next message you
> send to this thread.  Otherwise put +1 if you agree on any of the
> above FS.

This is not the way we do things.  As Terry says, find enough people
to do the work, then Just Do It.

> The reason for doing this is voting kinda thing is to end this
> quaralling (my bluntness again.), forever and know what developers
> are thinking.

You can be sure that 95% of them don't care one way or the other.  Of
the rest, half object on religious grounds, others may think it's
technically viable or not.  There's only one way to know for sure: do
it.

Greg