Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:42:56 -0400
From:      "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@ulysses.homer.att.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.0-970618-SNAP

Hi,

I recently installed the 3.0-970618-SNAP, and have a couple of questions.

1)  Can install install for a cdrom other than cd0?  If so, what is needed
to do this?

2)  I have the / , /var and /compat FS on sd0 and the other file systems on
sd2.  I installed the bootmanager on sd0 and left sd2 untouched.  After I
press F2 to boot FreeBSD, I get the messages(2 separate lines) boot.config
and boot.help not found, and then everything boots fine.  Is this due to
not having the bootmanager on sd2??  If not, then what is causing this??

3) Just after FreeBSD begins to boot, I get the message that kernel.config
is not found.  This is after I configured, make and installed a custom kernel.
Any ideas on why this is happening? Being caused by (2)?  Does this cause
any problems?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jim Ballantine