Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:59:28 -0500
From:      sridharv@ufl.edu
To:        Aleksander Rozman <aleksander.rozman@hermes.si>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sk_buff on FreeBSD

you are right. mbufs are used for buffer management in
the BSD stack. sk_buff as the linux equivalent .
basically they are chains with control information and
data. but i think linux assuming more memory allocated
a large sk_buff and hence data and headers are
contiguous. I remember Alan Cox giving some explanation
for why it was this way. For more info you can search
in google.For info on mbuf refer rich stevens TCP/IP
vol 2
Quoting Aleksander Rozman <aleksander.rozman@hermes.si>:

> Hi !
>
> I have started proting some network protocols (ax.25
for ham) from linux,
> and I have come acrros structure called sk_buff. I
was just wondering if
> someone tried to implement this on FreeBSD? It's
seems that FreeBSD has
> mbuf
> structure which does the same thing as sk_buff on
linux, but way things are
> done is quite different (as is the structure). So if
someone can help, I
> would be very thankful...
>
> Andy

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the
message

The fastest way to change is to laugh at your own
folly - Who moved my cheese