Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:26:13 +0100
From:      Peter Sewell <Peter.Sewell@cl.cam.ac.uk>
To:        gnn@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter.Sewell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Subject:   Re: Rigorous specification for TCP, UDP, and Sockets

>Hi Peter,
>
>Interesting paper and work.

Many thanks.

>Are you plannning to share the tools as
>well?  That's what I'd be most interested in seeing, basically the
>ability to turn your conformance tests into regression tests.

It's unclear at the moment - we'd certainly like to make that
regression testing more routine, but the current tools are non-trivial
to drive.  We'll be looking to see how much interest there is, and
also how accessible the spec is, before going further.

What kind of regression testing is in use now?

best wishes,
Peter