Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 18:45:23 +1000
From:      Peter Ortner <port@iname.com>
To:        Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Write Cache & Softupdates

You could theoretically loose data because data waiting to be written is
kept in memory for a while, until it is written. If something Bad (such
as a lockup or a power outage) happens in between the time the program
"writes" the data, and it actually gets written, then it is lost
forever. So, there is a theoritical possibility that you could loose
data.

Having said that, I use it on a server at home without problems.
--
Regards,

Peter.
----