Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 2016 04:21:15 +0100
From:      Matthias Petermann <matthias@petermann-it.de>
To:        John Marino <freebsdml@marino.st>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Synth and downloading distfiles without building

Hello John,

after the latest discussions on Synth I became curious and sucessfully
replaced poudriere for my local workstation package build. I like the
approach of using the local ports and not requiring additional build
jails. So thanks for this useful tool!

What I was wondering if it is possible (or on your todo list) to enable
synth to do a batch download of all distfiles for a given list of port
origins / file of list with port origins.

Something like

% synth download-distfiles <list of port origins | filename>

would be a great thing to pre-fetch all distfiles when you are online,
and still beeing able to continue the build when disconnected.

Do you consider this as useful, too?

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Petermann <matthias@petermann-it.de> | www.petermann-it.de
GnuPG: 0x5C3E6D75 | 5930 86EF 7965 2BBA 6572  C3D7 7B1D A3C3 5C3E 6D75