Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:18:29 +0100
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware/Software Multia/UDB questions

I purchased a Multia 18-24 months ago, managed to get it up and running
FreeBSD for about a month when it died.

I have finally got around to ordering the replacment logic IC and now
have a few questions.

(Anyone looking for the part in the UK search for the suggested replacement
parts from the NetBSD Multia FAQ at http://rsweb.com)

On the Hardware front:

I have just stumbled accross a refernce to replacing six resistor networks
in addition to the Logic IC, is this a common problem?

I have just knocked what looks like I diode off the base of the board
it is labeled 10-35 EN does anybody know of a replacement part as it has
nothing left to solder :-(

On the FreeBSD front, does the onboard TGA still get mistaken for VGA
by the console and hanging kernels with the VGA support compiled in?

I have seen (on the linux alpha lists) folks running a VGA console and
X on a card in the PCI slot, anyone got this working under FreeBSD?

--
GeoffB