Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:57:24 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Duane Hill <d.hill@yournetplus.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3D Desktop (XGL/AIGLX/...) how to start?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Jason Hills wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to try adding a 3D Desktop feel to my laptop, but I am
> new to this thing, and was not able to find how to install xgl or
> aiglx. I installed Beryl and it complains about not finding AIGLX
> display.
>
> How should I start? What will I need to have installed and running,
> and how to do proper testings when/if things go wrong?
>
> I appreciate your help. I found some tutorials, say,
> http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index.php/Install/FreeBSD, but it seems,
> to me at least, that it is not an up-to-date resource.
>
> Any directions will help.

I don't know if this is the same thing or not. I had a problem when
starting Blender. It complained about not finding GLX. Upon discovering
the driver was commented out in my X11 configuration file, I uncommented
it, restarted X11 and BINGO!

Just do a search in /etc/X11/xorg.conf with 'glx' all lower case and you
should find this section:

   # This loads the GLX module
       Load       "glx"