Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:55:02 +0100
From:      Sebastian Schulze Struchtrup <sebastian@struchtrup.de>
To:        Jason Dusek <jason-dusek@uiowa.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysqlclient.12

Jason Dusek wrote:

> A few days ago I wrote in saying that the MySQL 4.0 port was broken,
> and Kris Kenway suggested that I updgrade my ports. I CVSupped and ran:
>

>   ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/mysql: ignoring group-writable directory

That's the point.
This directory is ignored when ldconfig generates hints.
The build of mysql-server asks ldconfig -r for the mysql-client library
and it won't find it as the directory was ignored when generating the hints.
Change your permission of lib/mysql, then run ldconfig for that
directory and it should be ok.