Date:      Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:16:39 -0400
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Gustau =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.d script to load kernel modules

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm

Doug,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:00:56PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>=20
> Absolutely not. That would not fit into the way we do things at all, and=
=20
> would essentially require /etc/rc to do the processing, which is a huge=
=20
> step in the wrong direction.
>=20

Ok can you explain this ? I am not seeing how /etc/rc would all of a
sudden have to jump in to do the proccessing anymore than it would with
the original patch ?

"That would not fit into the way we do things at all" funny because
thats exactly how we have been doing things in loader.conf for some odd
umpteen years plus. Unless I misunderstood how you meant this ?.

--=20

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of U=
nity are already two." -- Buddha

 Regards, (jhell)
 Jason Hellenthal

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm