Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 02:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Guido Kollerie <gkoller@chello.nl>, Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
Cc:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>, current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3c905C-TX

--- Guido Kollerie <gkoller@chello.nl> wrote:
> I have exchanged the 3Com NIC for an Intel one. I'm using an
> Intel NIC at work and haven't had any problems with it under
> FreeBSD. What remains strange though is that the 3Com NIC used to
> work just fine. As said before the strange behaviour
> (full-duplex -> half-duplex) occurred about a month ago. Around
> the same time I performed a 'make world'. Was the xl driver
> changed somehow in the period before that?

It doesnt look like, accept for the following two deltas:

  o rev. 1.103 by alfred@FreeBSD.org
    CVS Log: Remove __P.
    Branch: MAIN CVS Tags: HEAD

  o rev. 1.104 by jhb@FreeBSD.org
    CVS Log:
     Change callers of mtx_init() to pass in an appropriate lock type name.
     In most cases NULL is passed, but in some cases such as network driver
     locks (which use the MTX_NETWORK_LOCK macro) and UMA zone locks, a name
     is used.
    Branch: MAIN CVS Tags: HEAD

Those are the only two revisions made to the if_xl.c driver in the timeframe
you have provided; and I don't think they can cause the issue you have
described, IMHO.

  -- Hiten Pandya