Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:30:40 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
Cc:        andreas@knobel.gun.de, jeff@jthome.com, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for a good motherboard vendor

Gene W Homicki stands accused of saying:

> I am putting another system together that will be running 2.1.  Anyone
> have any recommendations on FAST WIDE SCSI-II PCI cards?  Buslogic or
> Adaptec?  I'm looking for stability first, performance a close second
> in importance.

Presuming you're willing to upgrade to -stable, the Adaptec 2940UW
is probably the hot pick.  Alternatively, anything based on the
NCR 83C825 is a winner.

Anything from Buslogic is a very poor third.

> Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com

]] Collector of old Unix hardware.      "I seek PEZ!" - The Tick        [[