Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 05:18:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp (Kazutaka YOKOTA)
Cc:        nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: text mode screen grabber?

> >Has anyone got (or have pointers to useful code) a screen grabber for
> >syscons? Ideally (and given an 80x25 screen) I'm looking for something
> >that would write a 4000 byte file of { character code, colour } tuples.
> [...]
>
> Have you considered script(1), a standard command, or `screen', which
> is in the port collection, I expect?

Someone should implement ESC [ 2 i (Media copy); it sends the current
screen contents to the host.  For syscons, it would rougly resemble
a mouse_paste in stuffing the input buffer.

Someone should also consider IBCS2 functionality wants:

http://www5.sco.com/cgi-bin/ssl_getmanpage?screen+HW+OSES30+screen

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---